Evan on the ropes course last summer
Rounding out the peer mentor team is Evan Ezell, 2014 Scots Science Scholar
Hometown: Canton, GA
Major: Computer Science and Math
School Activities: S3, Baseball, SAAC
Favorite Thing About S3: Learning about STEM careers in a relaxed environment
- I am an only child.
- I have played baseball since I was 3 years old.
- I have two different colors in my eyes.
- I enjoy hanging out with my “nerd” friends.
- I like to fish and hike.
- I love programming computers.
- I presented at the Joint Mathematics Meeting this past January.
- I’m addicted to coffee and ramen noodles.
- I study best from 1-5 am.
- My freshman year at Maryville College was my most challenging year academically, but I learned so much!
Thomas is most at home in the outdoors. Here he is at the beginning of his S3 summer experience, kayaking the Ocoee.
Hometown: Mechanicsville, VA
Major: Biology/Environmental Studies (double major)
School Activities: S3, CSA, Mountain Challenge
Favorite Thing About S3: Becoming close with the group that I came in with and being able to do all the fun activities.
- I have a younger brother.
- I played baseball and golf in high school, and golf for a semester in college.
- After college, I want to be able to do wildlife conservation.
- My favorite sports to watch are golf, baseball, and football.
- I’m best friends with my freshman RA.
- I didn’t want to come in the summer for S3 because I thought I would hate it and not make any friends. But I’m still here! J (Stole this from Addi)
- I’m best friends with fellow peer mentor, Addi(we were in the same S3 class)
- I love good coffee, (especially Costa Rican coffee)
- Hunting and Fishing are my two favorite things to do.
- I studied abroad in Costa Rica and did an internship on Cumberland Island National Seashore this summer.